Saturday, September 24, 2016

A Forbidden Bond

Hello this is Mr. Vercetti,


My real name is not important but the story that I am sharing with you all. In the UBF chapter that I'm in which is located in California near a freeway is a cult. Yes a CULT. In the UBF system the seniors and the "pastor" frown upon the male members interacting with female members and vice versa even if they talk about the bible.

There was a female member that I admired and respected. (In this story I will refer to her as Evelyn). She was a kind woman who would smile at me, say hi, and was willing to converse with me on Google hangouts. To me she was like the best friend that I never had. Her greetings would always be in capital letters like this: HI. Once at a bible conference as my group and hers were helping to pass drinks and food to students she said to me quote:"________ you really are a great servant of God" all while smiling. It was her personality that became a fundamental stress reliever. Evelyn would always sit next or very near to me whenever the opportunity arise whether it was at Sunday Service or a bible conference. We would even exchange quick glances at each other whenever we can.

One day on Saturday I was waiting for my bible teacher. (This is when I still had bible studies with that guy). He finally showed up and the room reserved for me and him was the room that Evelyn and her bible teacher was using. I wanted to do bible study outside for I knew that Evelyn wasn't finished and I wanted to be mindful of her. But my bible teacher instead of being a so-called "shepherd" as he "preached" about in bible he became a TOTAL JERK by barging in the room and disrupting Evelyn's bible study. That was NOT NECESSARY!!! I was anguished to the point where I didn't converse with my bible teacher. She got out of the room with her bible teacher and smiled as she pass me by. During the bible study that bible teacher starting talking about not having desire for human love on purpose all because he judged me and thought that I had a romantic interest in Evelyn. He deliberately went off tangent in the bible study to talk about that for we were doing 1 Samuel which had nothing to do with marriage or anything of that sort.

But recently I started to notice that Evelyn was putting on a mask for the church. I saw once after Sunday worship while talking with her brother that Evelyn was emotionally burdened. As she got to the car she was driving she barked at her brother, a visitor, and to another female member; telling them "Hurry up!! I got to get to work!!". (She is a manager at a restaurant). While she was saying this I was exchanging my number with her brother. When Evelyn saw me she stopped, become quiet of a sudden and looked at me. At that moment we looked at each other's eyes and when I looked carefully I saw that her eyes told her the true story. In them I saw that she was melancholy, bitter, burdened, and angry. This was the result of UBF's demands and psychological pressure on her which was starting to take a toll on both her physical health and spiritual health.  To me she was always an equal and someone I can relate to. Interestingly we both have a similar backstory of trying to find the "one", having running as a passion, and eating problems.


As of this post she has unfortunately deleted her Google hangouts account. However I was able to email her recently telling her what was really going on in my life, my real thoughts and feelings about life. She hasn't replied back. My regret is not getting to know her personally and not being a true friend like Jesus to her.


E.L.S. If you are reading this know that I won't ever rip you off or betray you. I will never change my contact. You will always be my friend even if you tell on me for this or hurt me.

No comments: